Quick Links
Lathrop Home >> Animal Services Home >> Animal Services FAQ's

Animal Department

Control Your Font Size:   

Q:Who do we call about wildlife and how do I find out more about the wildlife (pigeons, possums, squirrels, skunks, etc.) on my property or in town.


Lathrop Animal Services will respond to wildlife calls during regular business hours. Humane traps are available from Lathrop Animal Services for the removal of the nuisance wildlife from your property; injured wildlife is transported to a licensed wildlife center for treatment. There are many resources available to give you information on our wild neighbors. You can call the Stanislaus County Wildlife Care Center at (209) 883-9414, or the Lindsay Wildlife Museum in Walnut Creek at (925) 935-1978. You can also go on the internet and look up the animal you are interested in researching. Your local library branch can also help you with information, as can the San Joaquin County Environmental Health Department's Vector Control at (209) 468-3420.

Return to Questions

© 2011 The City of Lathrop 390 Towne Centre Dr. - All Rights Reserved Disclaimer | Contact Us