Quick Links
Lathrop Home >> Finance Department Home >> Finance Department FAQ's

Finance Department

Control Your Font Size:   

Q:How do I start new water and sewer services?


The City of Lathrop provides water and sewage services within the city limits. To assist you with starting new services, City Hall is open Monday - Thursday, 8am to 6pm, and Friday, 8am to 5pm. The Finance Department may be reached directly by calling (209) 941-7320.

Starting new service by Fax is an option if you are unable to come into the office. Simply fax the required documents (listed below) and call Finance to pay the deposit by credit card over the phone. The Finance fax number is (209) 941-7339.

Required Documents:

The following documents are requried to start new utility service:

  1. Valid photo ID (Driver’s License, state ID, military ID, or passport)

  2. Signed Rental Agreement or proof of home ownership

  3. Service application (provided when you come into the office or Download form here)

Deposit Fee:

A deposit of $150 is required from all businesses and residents and is due at the time services are activated. The deposit is either 1) applied to the account after one year of satisfactor account activity, or 2) applied to the closing bill upon the discontinuation of services; and remaining credit will be refunded.


Return to Questions

© 2011 The City of Lathrop 390 Towne Centre Dr. - All Rights Reserved Disclaimer | Contact Us