Quick Links
Lathrop Home >> Finance Department Home >> Finance Department FAQ's

Finance Department

Control Your Font Size:   

Q:I would like to open a business out of my home, what do I need to do?


The City permits under certain conditions, the operation of a home based business in accordance with State Law and the Zoning Code.

Please note that starting a business from home requires a number of permits and/or licenses from various Government Agencies, including the City of Lathrop.  The City will require you to obtain a Business License, as well as a Home Occupation Permit.  Please see Home Occupation Permit Instructions and Application

The Manteca-Lathrop Fire District, a separate agency from the City, also requires a permit for a home based business. Contact the fire district at (209) 858-2331 for information on their permitting process.

Please contact the Finance Department for application forms and information about the Business License process or at (209) 941-7320.

For more information about required permits from other agencies, including the County and the State, please see our website for more information.

Return to Questions

© 2011 The City of Lathrop 390 Towne Centre Dr. - All Rights Reserved Disclaimer | Contact Us