Quick Links
Lathrop Home >> Finance Department Home >> Finance Department FAQ's

Finance Department

Control Your Font Size:   

Q:I would like to open a business in a commercial/industrial zoned property, what do I need to do?


Prior to signing any lease or purchase of properties intended for business, it is important to discuss your plans with a City staff member to determine zoning designations and building requirements.  Please contact our Community Development Department or at (209) 941-7260 for more information.

Prior to submitting a business license application, a change of occupancy certificate must be obtained first through the Building Department or at (209) 941-7270.

Once approval is obtained, please contact the Finance Department for application forms and information about the Business License process or at (209) 941-7320.

There may be other forms or permits needed for your particular type of business.  For more information about required permits from other agencies, including the County and the State, please see our website for more information.

Return to Questions

© 2011 The City of Lathrop 390 Towne Centre Dr. - All Rights Reserved Disclaimer | Contact Us