Quick Links
Lathrop Home >> Finance Department Home >> Finance Department FAQ's

Finance Department

Control Your Font Size:   

Q:How do I stop my water and sewer services?


Please contact the Finance Department at (209) 941-7320 to terminate service by phone.  You may also come in person to City Hall to stop service.

  • Water and sewer service can be terminated Monday-Thursday 8a.m.-6p.m. Services are not stopped on Fridays. 
  • Service can be stopped the same day or at a future date by the person whose name appears on the account. 
  • Identification will be verified, and a new forwarding address is necessary. 
  • Any deposit on the account will be applied towards the final bill.  If there is a refund due, a check will be mailed to the forwarding address on file in approximately 8-10 weeks.

If you are no longer living at the service address, it is your responsibility to let us know to disconnect services.  Monthly service charges will continue to incur on the account until it is closed.

Please note that if you disconnect water services and need it turned back on incidentally or for a one-time occurrence, you will be charged a $30 disconnection and $30 reconnection fee.

Return to Questions

© 2011 The City of Lathrop 390 Towne Centre Dr. - All Rights Reserved Disclaimer | Contact Us